Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy house: Febreeze made by me!

So if you are like me, with kids, dogs, and a husband, Febreeze is one of the greatest inventions ever. However, at the rate we go through it, it can get spendy to play Febreeze fairy around the house as often as I would like!

Well that dilemma is now and forever solved!

Homemade Febreeze is the new greatest invention ever. Cheap, easy to make, and the smell is wonderful! I love love love that it is only three ingredients that I already had on hand. I looked at several different recipes before deciding to combine one or two and make my own.

Here's how to make it!


You will need a spray bottle, I used my empty Febreeze spray bottle so I won't get confused by what it is later.

Fill the spray bottle with three cups of hot water.

Add four tablespoons of baking soda. The hot water helps dissolve the soda, so remember to keep it pretty warm.

Finally, add 1/4 cup fabric softener. Shake well, put on your fairy wings, and dance around your house as you make it smell heavenly.

This is enough to fill one regular sized spray bottle, but it is easy enough to double, halve, or make as much as you want. If you have concerns about stains from the baking soda, I have read that white vinegar works just as well. I tested it on several fabrics and so far, no stains. That could just be my love of baking soda talking too.

If you are looking for different scents, it would be easy enough to buy different fabric softener scents, but I love the fresh scent of clean laundry, so the regular fabric softener works for me.
Well, there you have it! Hope you love this stuff as much as I do! Let me know if you try different scents and how it turns out!

I looked at recipes from herehere, and here.

I have linked this post to:





The Shabby Nest  UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Jess, I love how it's regular household ingredients! - Becca

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...