Saturday, October 5, 2013

FINALLY. It's SCARF season!

I can't help but love a fabulous scarf. Fall is my favorite season just because it means I can wear scarves...well and pumpkin everything, but that's a story for another day. It's finally cooling down here in Idaho. We have a week or two of fall and then the endless winter that always gets me slightly grumpy. I have more scarves than I have shoes. The beginning of the season meant I had a reason to take a break from Ponyville and make myself a new addition to my collection.



I found this gorgeous yarn awhile back and fell in love with it. I'm not going to lie, half of the love comes from the name of the colorway: Parrot! There is absolutely no way to accurately photograph the colors of this yarn. It's stunning. Pinks and reds and blues and greens that fade flawlessly. It's roving yarn too, which I love. So cuddly soft. I wanted something different than what I've done in the past. Don't get me wrong, I love a good infinity scarf or a traditional scarf, but it was time for something new. Something with fringe.


I found what I was looking for after surfing Ravelry for a bit longer than I care to admit. That place can be worse than pinterest for me. I'm not even kidding a little bit. Hours can be wasted surfing patterns. Yarn holds a special place in my heart, but all the lovely patterns people create leave me deliriously happy. I'll never get around to writing any original patterns because I always get sidetracked. This pattern from Cortney Young is called the Easy Triangle Fringe Scarf and Shawl.


Easy was exactly right. I needed a break from ponies where I didn't have to count stitch after stitch. Just mindless relaxing with hook and yarn. The scarf itself took less time than adding all the fringe. Of course, the fringe is what makes it so fun! This really is more of a shawl than a scarf, but the yarn is light enough it can be worn lots of ways. I feel like I have a warm and comfy blanket on when I wear it. I really can not express how much I love this thing.


I'm all snug and wrapped up as I write this and my motivation is back to finish the ponies that are going to be the highlight of my daughter's birthday in (gah!) 8 days. I am in a perfect autumn mood now. Bring on the pumpkin lattes and pumpkin bread and everything else pumpkin that I can get my hands on. Happy Fall!

Also, I've finally gotten around to actually setting up an account on Ravelry. If you'd like to see what projects I'm working on (because there is always more than one) come find me!

I've linked this post to: Link Party Palooza Hooking on Hump Day Crafting Along Craftionary Show Off Friday Obsessive and Creative Show and Tell Saturday
Inspiration Gallery

6 comments:

  1. That is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it!!! And I can't wait to see how all the ponies turn out :) you are so super awesomely talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SHOULD BRING YOUR SCARF SO WE CAN HAVE A NERDY PHOTO SESSION. There, I said it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your lovely scarf at CAL link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this considered bulky or worsted weight yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a roving yarn, but according to the Red Heart company, it is still considered a Medium weight or "4," if you go by weight numbers. For more info on the yarn, here's a link to it! Thanks for stopping by!

      http://www.redheart.com/yarn/boutique-unforgettable

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...