Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meandering around my brain...


Here are some random things rambling about in my brain today:

1) I really, REALLY do NOT want to cut my dreadlocks in two months. I feel like I'm having to change a huge part of myself that I'm really proud of. Three years ago, I did something absolutely selfish for myself that I had wanted to do. I knew it was going to be something that would cause a stir with the people around me. I knew it was going to change the way people perceived me. I did it anyway. Putting dreadlocks in gave me a huge step in self confidence and learning to let go. Dreadlocks taught me patience. Some days I would look in the mirror and call myself crazy, but I stuck with them and now frankly, my hair is effing awesome. I don't care if you don't think so. Sure, it's just hair. On one hand, it'd be fun to do something different. I would LOVE to brush my own hair again. Dreadlocks and teaching in this area don't really mix. I don't want to jeopardize future job contacts because of hair. On the other hand, I will miss them like I would miss an arm.

2) My Sage baby is now five months. Five months! How did that happen? Her laugh is like music to my ears and she is already developing quite the personality. She loves music. It always calms her down, whether it's Phineas and Ferb or Flogging Mollys.

3) I can't wait to have a date with my husband tonight. Can't. Wait. We're going to a play, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Love it. I love that my punk rock listening, skateboarding, George Carlin quoting husband wants to see that play. He's turning down a night with the buddies at the trampoline fun house thingy. I heart my husband.

4) I signed Lily up for art lessons. She's going to make a Jackson Pollock style painting. I am jealous. 

5) I love that Lily told me it was a good thing she wasn't doing swimming lessons because that would be "one busy schedule, Mama." 

6) Confession: I sometimes tell Nic I am still nursing Sage so he will be the one to get out of bed and start the day. Then Sage and I snuggle up and go back to sleep for an hour. Hee.

7) I think we are reaching the point where we have to make a decision to buy a house or find a new house to rent. I want my own house so very bad. I want to paint the walls whatever color I like. I want to add flower beds and raised gardens and have a room in my house that is dedicated to all things crafty. The house we are living in is shrinking by the day and it's got so many issues that I would like to fix. We've been here for five years. It's home. I hate change. Gah. 

8) Our recently enacted "Fast Food Once a Week Only" rule is going better than I thought it would. We're actually sticking to it. That's huge. I am especially proud of my husband who is a junkie. Will power, you are my friend. Still, I miss cheeseburgers from Burger King.

9) I can't WAIT to see Brave. My super awesome cousin's name will be in the animation credits. I am so proud of the guy. If I could make everyone be as proud of him as I am, I would. It's always lovely to watch someone achieve something they spent their childhood talking about. It may not be a Star Wars movie, but hey, he's got time! *grin*

10) I can't do anything without taking pictures since I started this blog. I think my husband questions my sanity because more than once I have gotten a look while snapping a picture of some random thing like pieces of fabric or baking ingredients.

Now that you've had a peek inside my thought processes, have a fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...