Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweater LOVE.

I have a new obsession.

Sweater recycling.

Doesn't that sound fun?

A bit of a back story....


I recently came across a wonderful Etsy shop out there called KATWISE. This talented and quirky woman makes amazing coats that would put Joseph's technicolor dreamcoat to shame. Look at all the vibrant colors and the awesomeness of this coat!!! Also, that is her house in the background and it's now my favoritest house ever. I will never look at regular boring house paint the same way again. One colored houses are now and forever boring to me. Anyways, back to the sweaters.


I was so inspired by these that when I found out she was selling a tutorial to make my own, I jumped on it. I've spent the morning reading about how to make these darlings and as soon as I get mah grubby hands on some sweaters (why yes, the random plea for your old sweaters on facebook this morning makes much more sense, no?) I am going to town.

Now what do I do when I'm feeling uber-inspired? Why go searching for MORE projects to do of course!
I have found some really cool things people are doing with sweaters. There are sweater blanketssweater vases, and even sweater rugs. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I am now wondering if I will have to build an extra room on my house to stock up on old wooly sweaters to play with. Haha. I adore patchwork anything and these projects make my little patchworky heart go pitter patter with excitement.

Well, I have a baby cooing at me and yanking on my dreadlocks. She's obviously not getting enough attention. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...